Welcome to OTE Solutions.
OTE Solutions are an independent building energy consultancy practice led by Jonathan O’Toole and based in Arklow, Co.Wicklow. We provide expertise and advice to designers, homeowners and builders in the following areas:
- NZEB (2019 Part L)Compliance Check for designers, homeowners and builders under the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
- Final Building Energy Rating (BER) for new residential homes. On completion of your build, we provide a final BER with conformance report (Ancillary Certificate) for the requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations.
- Existing BER. If you are selling or renting your home, it is compulsory to have a BER.
- Better Energy Home Scheme. If you are availing of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) cash grant scheme which allows homeowners to upgrade their homes with energy efficient measures, we can provide advice and guidance on the measures available and supply the “After” BER required for this scheme.
- SEAI Heat Pump Technical Advisors. We conduct Technical Assessments for homeowners whom are considering applying for an SEAI heat pump grant. The assessment outlines the suitability of a home for a heat pump system based on the dwelling’s heat loss while providing independent guidance on measures necessary to ensure that the dwelling fabric heat loss is lowered to an acceptable level for a heat pump system to perform effectively and efficiently.
We are fully registered with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) as residential BER Assessors & Technical Advisors. We hold professional indemnity insurance and have over sixteen years experience in the property and construction industry and have completed nearly 2000 energy assessments on residential houses to date.